2012 Mentor Program
Ever face a task, challenge or decision at work and wonder how a seasoned professional might handle it? Wish there were someone you could bounce your career goals and strategies off who can provide some meaningful feedback? Want a more personal approach to gaining insight into the association community?
Here are some common mentor/mentee activities:
• Talking together (about the mentee’s past experiences, goals, plans, and skills as well as the mentor’s career path; useful problem solving strategies)
• Attending meetings, conferences, and other events together and discussing them later
• Having the mentee observe the mentor handling challenging situations
• Role-playing situations faced by the mentee; exchanging and discussing written materials (such as a document written by the mentee or an article valued by the mentor)
• Co-authoring a publication
• Interacting with other people (including persons who could be of help to the mentee and other mentor-mentee pairs)
Who can join ESSAE’s mentoring program as a mentee?
Any ESSAE member can apply to participate as a mentee in the program by completing a screening process. This process will assess the interests, expectations and needs of the individual mentee so that he/she may be matched with the appropriate mentor.
What can I get out of this program?
To Get Involved Please Contact The ESSAE Office!
Copyright © 2012